Friday, March 30, 2012

Nursery Pics

It occurred to me recently that I never posted any pictures of Cameron's nursery.  I loved designing her room and shared the process with so many of you along the way, I thought I would share an update of the finished product. I wanted to create a warm, cozy space for her that had feminine touches but wasn't too "frilly." I think there were a few doubts when I told people I was painting my baby girl's room gray, but I might have changed a few opinions with the final product (especially Deej's)!


Bunny courtesy of the Ritter Family via Charlottesville.

I had a lot of sterling silver mementos from my own childhood, so I thought it would be sweet to include mommy and daughter silver items.  These particular sterling items for Cami came courtesy of Uncle Kevin and Tantie Dee.

Maybe it was boredom, or perhaps it was that nesting instinct but in the week before Cameron's arrival I found myself needing one last project.  I hadn't found a mobile that I liked, so I decided to trace the birds from the wall decal and created a mobile for the room. 


The Winnie the Pooh theme began when Django's mom graciously gave us a set of Pooh watercolors created but the original artist, which had been in her family since she was a child. 

Piglet courtesy of Lori and Lenee Biles (Howe), one of four sweet Pooh characters scattered throughout the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment